Saturday, November 15, 2014

Leyton Orient Football Club

As I was living near London, I seized the chance on the 18th of October to go and watch Leyton Orient Football Club play a home game against Milton Keynes Dons.

I have always looked out for the Leyton Orient results over the years as my long since gone Grandfather grew up in that area of London and supported the club throughout his life. Due to the connection between Leyton and my grandfather, the visit was more of a homage than a simple game of football. It was special to walk down streets he was familiar with during his life.

To add further interest, some relations of the family still live in the area and were able to pass on some of their fading memories of my grandfather. He would have been immensely pleased to know that I had set foot in Brisbane Road Stadium, home of Leyton Orient.
Leyton Orient v MK Dons
After the game, relatives who I met for the first time (Ed and Michael) kindly took me to the Leyton Orient Supporters Club for some post match beers. I was made very welcome.

Unfortunately, the quality of football on show was not great. It was clear that Leyton Orient were some way below MK Dons in terms of quality, and that was proven to be the case at the end of the season when Leyton Orient were relegated whilst MK Dons gained promotion.
Thanks, Ed!
A truly great day out in London visiting a place that was fondly remembered by my grandfather.

No comments: