Thursday, December 09, 2010

To Hong Kong

Not long until my short trip to Hong Kong. Leave from Narita Airport around 7pm tonight and do not arrive in Hong Kong till a little after 11pm. As I have never flown Delta Air Lines before, I am quite interested to see what they are like. However, I am not overly optimistic as the Delta Boeing 747-400s are hand-me-downs from their merger with Northwest Airlines. I anticipate a decrepit aircraft without personal in-flight entertainment. Despite that, I will be happy to have a short break from work and from Japan.

The only dark cloud on the horizon seems to be the travel plans of my parents. The last I heard, their flight from Scotland had been cancelled due to the harsh winter weather. Fingers crossed they make it, especially as I need the new dress shirt they have bought me to go with my kilt. If they don't arrive, I'll have to buy one in Hong Kong.

The general plan for Hong Kong is:

Thursday 9th Dec: arrive after 11pm and meet brother for a couple of beers.
Friday 10th Dec: meet parents (hopefully), check into the Silvermine Hotel, wander around HK, dinner.
Saturday 11th Dec: Mark's wedding. It will probably be a late one so I had better pace myself.
Sunday 12th Dec: recover from Saturday and see parents and brother.
Monday 13th Dec: 8am flight back to Tokyo.

I will do a couple of blogs next week to let you know how I got on.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Hope all goes well. Second time lucky and all that!

Joe

Mum - Yours said...

Huh, so you only cared about your dress shirt! Well we made it anyway albeit 12 hours later being redirected via London but a bonus being the long flight on Cathay pacific which was good! It was all good!

Anonymous said...

Update please.

Colin

Dick said...

An update would be sweet.

Bruce said...

Gimme an update.