Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hong Kong Arrival

I was looking forward to my trip to Hong Kong and travelled direct to Narita Airport after a full day at work on Thursday. The Weathernews office temperature is unbearable most of the time so a quick shower at the airport to wash the scum and office BS off me was the order of the day. Feeling clean and in good form, I waited for the Delta flight to depart. The aircraft cabin had seen better days and had no In-Flight Entertainment which was disappointing, but no great surprise. I am guessing that the old 747s are going to be retired in a year or two and that no money will be wasted on any upgrades.

Mark (and his then fiancĂ©e, Grace) very kindly met me at the airport. No time was lost getting a few pleasant Carlsbergs in one of the airport hotels before our 20 minute taxi journey back to Mui Wo on Lantau Island. A very gentle reintroduction to Hong Kong – can’t believe my last trip over was about 6 years ago.

1 comment:

Mum - Yours said...

make sure you return soon x