Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Good to be back

The journey was long and tiring, but we made it to Scotland on the 27th of March, after a short transit in Amsterdam. Our decision to avoid Heathrow Airport (because of some bad experiences in the past) proved a wise decision, as Terminal 5 had just opened and the airport was reportedly in chaos.

Yuki and I did not do much on Friday the 28th March as we were still tired after the journey from Japan. We just chilled out in my parents' house and visited the local supermarket to marvel in the opportunity to buy some of our favourite British products. Clara had a bit more energy and was taken horse riding by my parents.

Saturday the 29th of March was a lovely day and will live long in the memory. In the morning, we all went on a trip to the remote village of Cromarty which has some quaint old buildings and streets and also visited a fantastic beach in the village of Rosemarkie. The sun was shining but we were battered by a ferocious wind. The wind really blew away the cobwebs and we were all windswept but refreshed. I took the chance to get some pictures of the area and it was nice to see the snow capped hills in the distance.After a cup of tea in a nearby hotel, we briefly looked at the small harbour with its colourful boats, visited a local antiques shop, and then drove back to Inverness as I was planning to watch Aberdeen Football Club play Inverness Caledonian Thistle. The refreshing morning walk was a great reintroduction to Scotland and whetted my appetite for more outdoor adventures.When I return to Japan, I'll try and upload my pictures to webshots and then post a link for you all to be able to browse through my pictures from Scotland. More to follow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joep looks particularly menacing in that photo.

Kane Davidson said...

That's why most people call him 'Arnie'.