Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday

I had a very busy evening schedule last week. On Thursday there was a small party to celebrate one of the Japanese teacher's engagement. The highlight of the evening was the fact that the restaurant that we went to served Yebisu beer - my favourite Japanese beer.

Friday night saw a visit to the local ramen (noodle) bar with an elementary school teacher called Kobayashi. The top photo shows Kobayashi sensei with Ma-chan, the owner of the ramen bar. I had a rather delicious bowl of kara miso ramen (noodles in a rather spicy soup) and a few beers. At about 8pm we headed to a local karaoke bar where I was about to spend the next 4 hours of my life singing songs, drinking beer and wine, and eating lots of Japanese edamame (lightly salted beans). A good night!!

Saturday evening was spent in a nearby city called Aizu-Wakamatsu where I had the chance to meet and chat with about 50 other JETS who live in Fukushima Prefecture. I have only now recovered from this busy social schedule and look forward to a quieter period ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Jumper time!!!!! Mum