Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cycling in Shimogo

Recently, I have started cycling again as the snow has now mostly melted from the country roads around Shimogo. It's great to get some more fresh air into my lungs and look at the countryside whiz by. Although it's still fairly dark in the evenings, Clara and I have been doing a 10 minute cycle when we get home each day. When the evenings get brighter (and warmer), I'll try and cycle my favourite 15km route each night. Until then, Clara and I will cycle close to home.

I'm planning a few day long cycle trips on the weekends and public holidays. I'll post some photos of these trips as soon as I can.

The students of Shimogo JHS had their high school entrance examinations today - I hope they all did well. On Friday there will be a party for the parents of the 3rd grade students and hopefully it will be as good as the party we had in March 2005. On Monday the students will graduate from Shimogo JHS. It will be sad to see them leave school for the last time. I'll post some pictures of the graduation ceremony early next week. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Clara looks so big on the bike, nice picturex Mum

Anonymous said...

yes, new bike coming soon Clara...........P (Mum)