Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Bottle of Britain

Seiyu, my local supermarket, has the capacity to pleasantly surprise me on occasions, perhaps because it is part of the rather dark Wal Mart empire, which also includes Asda in the UK.

On the way to the beer fridge on Thursday to pick up my regular summer thirst quenching 6 pack of Sapporo, my attention was drawn to a pleasantly familiar product - Spitfire Ale from the Shepherd Neame brewery in Kent, England. Although almost double the price of a 330ml can of Sapporo, the extra cost is somewhat offset by the fact that the bottle contains 500ml of England's finest.

Today, I made another sortie to the beer fridge with the intention of bagging another Spitfire or two. The mission had a big surprise in store for me as I encountered another friendly sight that goes by the name Whitstable Bay organic ale, another Shepherd Neame product. I am not sure which I like more, the actual beer or the novelty of being able to drink some good old traditional British style ale.

Judging by the near empty beer fridge in the supermarket, the population of Higashimurayama in Tokyo are also rather fond of the new additions.
I wonder what will be in the fridge next week? Tally Ho!!

2 comments:

soaps said...

midsummer blessings!!!

Kane Davidson said...

Absolutely, Neil. And many more blessings to come.