Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just stuff......

3 blog entries in the month of June - quite an unusual event these days.

Following on from my recent entry about Spitfire Ale, the local supermarket has started selling a few other traditional British ales from the Shepherds Neame brewery. It is quite remarkable what some cloudy liquid in a cold bottle can do for the mood. The fridge at the supermarket has been completely emptied so the other customers clearly have a taste for the ales as well. Hopefully the supermarket will recognise the strong demand and continue selling the beer indefinitely.

The weekend could not have come any quicker as last week was a bit tedious and I didn't enjoy getting soaked a couple of times (as it is the rainy season here at the moment). On a positive note, the summer has mostly gotten off to a cool start and sleep is still comfortable and easy. The merciless heat and humidity will arrive, but the delay is certainly welcome.

One big event I am looking forward to is a holiday in Vietnam (with perhaps a day and night in Cambodia). It is possible that my time in Japan will come to an end in the not too distant future (this blog will have to be renamed Kane in *******), so I wanted to see some other countries in the local 'neighbourhood' whilst I am still able. I've booked 10 nights at The Majestic Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (still known as Saigon in Vietnam). Plenty of time to relax in the hotel, see the sights in and around Ho Chi Minh, and possibly a night away in Cambodia to see Angkor Wat. Obviously July will be a busy blogging month, so stay tuned.

Earthquake wise, the recent weeks have been very quiet.....too quiet. Got a nasty feeling another large event is in the making, but no-one really knows.

It's Saturday night here, and I'm still recovering from one of the spiciest bowls of noodles I have ever had. Perhaps this evening I'll watch a couple of films with some Spitfire Ale, and then venture to my local bar later on for a brief visit.


1 comment:

soaps said...

fantastic a road trip.Grace was in both countries recently said they were wonderful!!Be good to see you back in the sneck when you finish your oriental adventure