Sunday, May 13, 2012

Amazing Chicago Blues

By far the most enduring memories I have of Chicago are my visits to several live blues bars. The two bars which I absolutely loved were Buddy Guy's Legends and Blue Chicago - I don't have the vocabulary to describe how excellent the music was, you'll just have to take my word for it. Although short, I hope the below clips manage to convey a bit of the fantastic music and atmosphere I experienced during my stay in Chicago.

The first clip was taken on my first night in Chicago, at Buddy Guy's Legends. I was really lucky to get a table close to the stage. Great music and excellent Chicago wheat beer.

The next clip was in Blue Chicago, the night before my return flight to Japan. If you ever need a reason to visit Chicago, it has to be the live blues!

Great memories!

No comments: