Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Leaving Hong Kong

Hello all. Just a short update to say that Clara and I will leave Hong Kong and return to Tokyo tomorrow. Although the situation with regards to the nuclear power station in Fukushima is still very serious, it seems to be under control. If things take a turn for the worse, we will probably decide on another temporary move.

As Clara and I were displaced to Hong Kong, we took advantage of our time together and visited a number of places. This photo was taken at the Great Buddha on Lantau Island. We both said a silent prayer for the victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

Japan can be an infuriatingly stubborn country at times, and this is why I have no doubt whatsoever that the country and people will recover. The Japanese are strongest in times of adversity, and I fully believe they will demonstrate this again.

More to follow tomorrow night after a return home and a good home-cooked dinner. Thanks to all for the message of support via this blog, Facebook, and phone.

4 comments:

Alan said...

Good lad.

Mum - Yours said...

Oh well I hope its safer now, at least it appears to be more stable. Safe joureny x

Veri and Rasho said...

Well said, my friend...

I hope things will get better soon...

steve h said...

Safe journey home. Keep that little girl safe too!!