Thursday, December 30, 2010

Saturday - The Big Day

As my time in Hong Kong progressed, so my memory fades………perhaps something to do with the Hong Kong tradition of incessant beer drinking. It goes something like this…….got lost trying to find Mark’s apartment, put on the kilt and associated paraphernalia, ferry over (with beer) to central Hong Kong, beers in The Captain’s Bar of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel (very nice hotel!), wedding ceremony, Pier 7 again for the first reception, return to Mui Wo for the second reception at the Turkish restaurant.

A busy day but nice to see all attendees in their finery. Mark had some clothing issues that saw him borrowing my kilt shoes. There was no solution however to his three-quarter length kilt socks that had shrunk in the wash. The socks provided us all with plenty of chuckles and Foggo, Mark’s friend, quipped that it appeared Mark has picked his kilt up from a cosplay shop.

The ceremony itself was brief and businesslike as there are fixed slots for couples to tie the knot. Despite her best efforts, Grace (the bride to be) failed to be fashionable late and was just on time. It was just as well she made it as the next available slot would have been 6 weeks later. Phew!

I think I have written enough about the wedding day itself – I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking. The highlight of the day for me was being ambushed by 4 slinky Chinese bridesmaids from another wedding party, all wishing to get a photo with me in my kilt. I liked.

Obviously, a fantastic day was had by all but God only knows how many beers were drank that day. And we still had champagne lunch to follow the next day...watch this space.

No comments: