Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Pleasant Lunch

Clara and I had a very pleasant lunch together on Saturday at the frequently visited Popolamama Italian restaurant in Kumegawa. Nice food in a comfortable setting, at a very reasonable price.

I like spending quality time with Clara and take great pleasure in seeing her grow up. Can't wait to see what she will be like when she is 20. Time passes at breakneck pace so I should not have long to wait until that day.

We both ordered our favourite lunch. I went with the tomato and garlic spaghetti whilst Clara chose her favourite called tarako spaghetti. As can be seen from the link, Clara's lunch option is mixed with cod roe. It must be a pretty healthy dish to eat and Clara loves it. I'm a bit squeemish when it comes to fish and Clara always takes great effort in trying to convince me try her spaghetti. I always say that perhaps I will try it next time.

Clara reads and collects a Japanese manga series called Doraemon. There are about 45 in the series and there are only a few which she is now missing. Yesterday I was lucky to find number 23. As Clara is such a book worm, she immediately started reading and managed to finish it in no time. I will now try and find the remaining few books to complete her collection.

Another week beckons. I will try and live quietly as I am sure the end of this year will be busy with birthdays, Christmas and a couple of other events.....I will keep you posted. The blog has been a bit quiet recently so I will try and be a bit more prolific in November and December.

1 comment:

Mum - Yours said...

She is a bit of a bookworm! Good for her x