Sunday, August 29, 2010

Clara's Scottish Odyssey

Sorry to have been so slow in updating this blog......been busy with work and other commitments. The continued summer heat is also sapping my energy...Clara spent a whole month in Scotland this summer with my parents. In the back of my mind I recognise that Tokyo is not the best place for kids to grow up in and I am therefore happy for Clara to be able to briefly experience the life of a Scottish kid. It makes me happy to think she has the opportunity to run wild and enjoy the great outdoors.I get the feeling that Clara is now fully expecting to visit Scotland each summer and Yuki and I will be more than happy for this to continue. Personally, I think that the lives of Japanese kids are too constrained (especially in Tokyo) and they lack the proper childhood experienced by many in Scotland. My ultimate goal is to have Clara study at university in Scotland when she is older......I think that when that times arrives, she will probably be quite agreeable to the idea.The 1 month trip to Scotland was planned long in advance and Clara had no qualms about not seeing her Mum and Dad for such a long time. As can be seen from some of the photos, Clara met a lot of friends, spent a great deal of time at different beaches, visited her great granny a couple of times, saw my Great Aunty, did a bit of crockery painting, went horse riding, ice skating, and probably a list of other things which have escaped my mind.Clara was happy to come back to Japan and appreciated reacquainting herself with some of her favourite Japanese meals. Yuki and I have both agreed that we will all visit Scotland next summer and I am looking forward to that already....better start saving. Clara's return to Japan marked the official end of summer for us all. Back to normality for now but I hope that by around spring 2011, we will have some new experiences to look forward to.I hope to soon be able to post a more regular flow of news on the blog as my schedule will clear up a bit for the next month or two. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice legs, Joep!

Mum - Yours said...

Loved the summer with her and roll on next year. She was an amazing outdoor girl on the go all the time x

Unknown said...

It was a great time for us to have Clara here for 4 weeks and if you are all coming over next year....even BETTER