Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tsunami Alert

Japan has been on tsunami alert for most of the day as waves generated by the Chile earthquake are crossing the Pacific with the potential to cause damage or loss of life. Japan has a well organised Tsunami warning system and people in vulnerable areas have been told to move away from coastal areas towards higher ground.

As you can see from the picture, all TV programmes have been overlaid with a tsunami warning map showing vulnerable areas. So far, earthquake generated waves reaching Japan have been small, apparently because the Chile earthquake occurred in a shallow area of ocean.

Another week beckons - it is not a week I am looking forward to for a number of different reasons. On another note, I am starting to get itchy feet (no, not athletes foot!) and have been looking at www.JobsDB.com. Seems like a lot of jobs on offer across Asia and I think that sooner or later I will chance my arm and send off a few applications. I'm sure we will be in Japan for a while yet, but I think I will start to get the ball rolling.

1 comment:

Mum - Yours said...

or Europe?