Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tokorozawa Aviation Museum

We all had a thoroughly enjoyable day today. Yuki, Clara, and I paid a visit to Tokorozawa Aviation Museum and the adjacent park. The weather was lovely - clear blue skies and a warm sun which made ambling round the park quite a pleasure. Sora seems to be learning how to walk properly on the lead and even had the self confidence to growl at a couple of passing dogs.

I was really pleased to get an aviation 'fix' and I really enjoyed seeing the YS-11 (left) aircraft which was domestically produced in Japan and also seeing a C-46 Commando (top) for the first time. Ever since I was a kid, I always thought the C-46 was a cool looking plane and I can now add it to the list of aircraft I have seen first hand. After looking at the YS-11 and C-46 which were displayed outside, we went into the museum and looked around inside for an hour or so. Clara liked looking inside some of the aircraft and having a shot of the flight simulator. On my turn on the simulator, I did a kamikaze attack on the airport control tower - not sure what the people who were watching me thought......

To cap what was a very enjoyable day, the three of us went to a monjayaki restaurant near our house for a cheap but delicious dinner. Admittedly, it does look like a pavement pizza, but I am sure it is much more tasty. Now I am debating whether to pop out for a couple of beers to put the icing on what was a great Saturday. No big plans for Sunday but I predict it may be a bit of a lazy day. Next week will be slightly easier as I will have a 3 day weekend so hopefully more fun and games to follow soon.

2 comments:

Joep said...

great blog again. The museum is straight up your street of course and to go on a day that the airbus (?) went for a swim in NY is quite cool too.
Loved the look of the food - time we were back for a visit!

Mum - Yours said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Not sure who is the sweetest, Cla or Sora x