Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Plans

A Japanese style Christmas card. Looks like someone has got their wires crossed somewhere...

I actually heard from a German expatriate that 20 years ago, one of the largest department stores in Japan had a large Christmas display with a similar Santa crucifixion. I wish I had been around to see that.

Anyway, the purpose of this posting is to fill you all in on my plans over Christmas and the New Year. I was expecting to only get a couple of days off work, so to receive considerably more time off is a very welcome bonus. As you will see, I am working on Christmas Day but that does not bother me too much. In Japan, Christmas is more of a passing interest rather than a real cause for celebration. The details are;

20th December (Sat) - Weekend.
21st December (Sun) - Weekend.
22nd December (Mon) - National holiday and Clara's 8th birthday.
23rd December (Tues) - Work
24th December (Wed) - Work and Yuki's birthday.
25th December (Thurs) - Work and Christmas Day.
26th December (Fri) - Work.
27th December (Sat) - Weekend and trip to Shimogo.
28th December (Sun) - Weekend and return from Shimogo.
29th December (Mon) - Holiday.
30th December (Tues) - Holiday.
31st December (Wed) - Holiday and Hogmanay.
1st January (Thurs) - Holiday and New Years Day.
2nd January (Fri) - Holiday.
3rd January (Sat) - Weekend.
4th January (Sun) - Weekend.

I really cannot wait to get some decent time off work. I have been working pretty hard over the last 6 months and feel it is about time to enjoy myself. The visit to Shimogo particularly excites me as I know I will be in a good mood at the start of my holiday period.

I will undoubtedly make several postings during the Festive Season, so if you have a couple of minutes to kill, you can return and see what I have been up to.

We are all going to a wedding on Saturday the 13th of December, so a blog on that will appear soon.

No comments: