Sunday, November 16, 2008

Meet Sora (そら)

Against my better judgement, and against all known forms of good taste, I have relented and sanctioned Yuki and Clara to purchase a 3 month old Toy Poodle. The little runt is called Sora, meaning sky in Japanese.

I will begrudgingly admit that the little rat displays some endearing characteristics and is a ball of energy. Clara and Yuki seem enthralled with Sora and now I am now totally ignored and left to read my books in peace. Perfect!

Before the acquisition, I set some ground rules which needed to be agreed upon to secure my cooperation. These were:
1. Ribbons are not allowed under any circumstances.
2. No dog 'clothing' is allowed under any circumstances.
3. The dog must be clipped to not look like walking wads of candy floss.
4. I am not obliged to perform any duties in the care of the animal e.g. walking, feeding, brushing etc.

We will see how things progress. Sora, welcome to the family. A picture will be attached to this posting soon.

13 comments:

Mum - Yours said...

Yes and he is so cute, really cute, big panda eyes, ahhhhhhhh he can melt even a heart of stone! Welcome Sora x

Anonymous said...

When you say a "toy" poodle does that mean it is real?

Kane Davidson said...

Well, it is an actual 'real' dog but it is called a "toy" because it is the perfect size for kicking or throwing. Understand?

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to kick or throw a dog? I am going to phone the JSPCA.

Anonymous said...

Yes lovely.

It looks stuffed....

Joep said...

never mind Kane, Sora is only young, he may grow up to be a rotweiler......(or not of course.) Never mind, by the time that is sorted you will have grown up to love the mut and look forward to taking him for walkies!

Kane Davidson said...

Hello Anonymous

I don't think the JSPCA's jurisdiction spreads to Japan.

http://www.jspca.info/

Anonymous said...

I guess not. I suppose you can do want you want to Sora then without fear of penalty.

And I am sure you will.....

Anonymous said...

hey mate - good move with the dog. Theresa loves the picci. are you allowed dogs in the pub in Japan ? I can just see you taking your new friend along for a drink - ha. still loving the blog. is 'weathernews' where you work ? what is that ? first day of summer in oz next week. bring it on. beaches are warming up nicely. both went snorkelling yesterday. loads of fish. did you see Bash's baby photos? very impressive. take it easy reevse and catch ya later. goat.

Kane Davidson said...

Hello Wilbur

All fine here and the little Sora is not peeing me off as much as I thought he would.

How long so you think you'll stay in Oz? Yuki and I have recently felt like a change and Oz was top of our list of places we would move to.

Trust all is well with you both. I am sure we will all meet up at some stage in Australia or Japan.

Cheers
Killer.

Mum - Yours said...

just Gillian know you think that?

Anonymous said...

Hands up who remembers that fantastic TV show from the 1980s entitled "Howard's Way"?

Mum - Yours said...

suppose thats me then!