Thursday, April 10, 2008

Loch Ness, Skye, and Granny

Yuki, Clara and I drove to the Isle of Skye on Tuesday the 1st of April. It was a lovely drive but I was still a little tired as I had driven to Edinburgh the previous day in a large truck to empty my flat (which I am selling) of furniture. We stopped off at a number of places on the way to stretch our legs and take photos. The photo above shows Yuki and Clara in front of a fiberglass Nessie at the Loch Ness Exhibition Centre. On the drive past Loch Ness, Clara was adamant that she really did see the Loch Ness Monster - maybe she did......

The visit to Skye was only brief as we had the intention of seeing my Granny who is in an old folks' home. The island looked beautiful and made me feel nostalgic for the days when I used to live there. We stopped off at a couple of places to get a few photos but we needed to brave the strong wind. I actually enjoyed seeing Yuki and Clara being blown around and watching the expressions on their faces. It was great to see my Granny again, although I am always apprehensive as I wonder how fit she will be both mentally and physically. The day of our visit seemed to be a good day for her as she was lucid and managed to keep a conversation going. She was smiling a lot and seemed really interested in Clara. Clara in turn was gentle and kind to her Great Granny and fully realised that her Great Grandmother was quite frail. The icing on the cake was when Clara performed one of the dances that she has learnt in her dancing school in Tokyo.More adventures to follow........

5 comments:

Mum - Yours said...

I know I am biased but Clara and Yuki look great in that pic - and thats a good one of Nana too.

Anonymous said...

Pauline

Many thanks for the cup of tea yesterday. It was good seeing you and Joep again. After a very long drive, we eventually got Kane back to Merchiston Grove in one piece!

Alan

Mum - Yours said...

Nice seeing you too Alan, thanks for giving Kane a lift.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to hurry up and post the wedding photos. People are asking....

Kane Davidson said...

More blogs will be coming along shortly (tonight?). I'll do a wedding blog and post all the snaps onto webshots.com when I return to Japan.