Monday, January 14, 2008

Baked Beans

Ok, I admit that this might not be the most exciting posting in the world, but I feel compelled to write about this major and life changing event.

Yesterday, we went shopping to a supermarket called Tsurukamelando (つるかめらんど). It turns out that this supermarket is affiliated in some way to Tesco Supermarket in the UK. We have visited previously and I was happy enough to be able to buy digestive biscuits and a couple of even more mundane items. However, I always wished that they stocked baked beans. Baked beans are perhaps one of the things I miss most from the UK.

As you can see, my wish has come true. We picked up a few cans and will be visiting again soon for another consignment. Last night was like a scene from the film 'Blazing Saddles'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beans, beans, good for your heart...the more you eat, the more you fart.

Mum - Yours said...

wow, thats great Kane, and thank god as they are heavy to carry in the suitcase!!!! Beans, beans are good for the heart, the more you eat the more............

Anonymous said...

Yes, but I got there first.

Beans, beans, the musical flute...the more you eat the more you toot.

Anonymous said...

do they sell half tins Kano?