Sunday, January 28, 2007

1st Anniversary

It is now exactly 1 year since I started my blog recording the trials and tribulations of living in the Japanese countryside. I've enjoyed writing the blog and it's nice for me to be able to look back at the events of the past year. Thanks to all those who have read the blog and to those who have left messages in the comments section.

The Clustr map which was added in November has been particularly interesting to watch. It shows a fairly healthy number of hits and indicates where in the world the visitors live. So far, I have had readers in over 20 countries. I've no idea who all the visitors are or how they found the blog address - feel free to tell me.

It's now nearly the end of January and the clock is ticking towards our move to Tokyo in March. January has ended on a bit of a high. The last few days have been very entertaining with a selection of work and non work related parties. On Friday I had the Hisawa JHS New Year party in a Japanese izakaya called Home Run in Tajima and on Saturday we went to a party for the girl (Shiori) who we took to Scotland. The party was to celebrate her securing a place in a good high school.

I didn't have the time or inclination to go skiing this weekend but I'm sure to go skiing again soon. Today was a relaxing day. I read my Daily Yomiuri newspaper in the morning and went for a drive around Shimogo in the afternoon. The roads are not covered in much snow so I think I'll start cycling again next weekend. I have now worked out how to add text to my photos so that will help smarten up the blog for one more year. Next week will be fairly quiet. I'm looking forward to February as I have a friend from Scotland visiting Shimogo on the 10th and 11th - perfect timing for the Shimogo and Tadami snow festivals. Yuki will finish her job next week so that we can get organised ahead of the big move. She enjoyed working over the last 2 years and I'm sure she'll get a job no problem in Tokyo.

Thanks for reading over the past year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One year on! Well its gone quickly, it certainly keeps me happy and thats not easy as you know. Congratulations x

Kane Davidson said...

Thanks - it's always good to get a decent slagginf every now and then.

Hello.
Reevses

Kane Davidson said...

Lee et al have been very quiet - I think the blog novelty is wearing off.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kane,

Congrats on the one year anniversary! Its good to catch up with all thats happening in Nippon. Seems like a lifetime since I was over there in Tadami.

Kane Davidson said...

Hi Simon

I'm sure you haven't been forgotten in Tadami. I was thinking of you when I was driving through Tadami. What are you up to? I heard a rumour (from Matt Kitchen who I bumped into in Aizu Wakamatsu) that you're planning on a move to England. Any truth in this rumour?