Sunday, September 24, 2006

Arakai JHS and Hisawa JHS

My new job involves me rotating between two junior high schools every 2 weeks. The schools are called Arakai JHS and Hisawa JHS. There is really not much to tell to be honest. The job I am doing is very similar to the job I had at Shimogo JHS, although I seem to be slightly busier.

The schools are both very small with approximately 70 students in each. The students seem to be generally much quieter than I was used to in Shimogo JHS although they all seem really nice. I hope I can get them to come out of their shells a bit more.

Although the students in the schools are very similar, the teachers in each school are very different. In one school the teachers seem really happy and relaxed whilst the other school staff room feels like a library. Teachers rarely talk to each other, and if they do so, it is in whispers. That school feels like a library.

I guess I will be fairly happy to work at these schools for the next 7 months - it's not long and there will be different events that will break the monotony. I also have quite a lot of elementary school visits which I have come to really enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Kane sounds like a lovely day. That is the sad thing about our two visits, its was still quite cold and wintery - would love to have seen the fields and hills in the summer sunshine. Have a good week - we spoke to Neil today!

Anonymous said...

great Blog, Kane! we enjoy reading about your escapades. Neil Souter was spotted today and he send his best. Plans are being made for Oct......
J