Saturday, July 22, 2006

Goodbye Shimogo JHS

That's me semi officially finished work at Shimogo JHS. I feel sad to leave the students but relieved that my 3 years on JET has come to an end. Don't get me wrong - I had many great experiences but it certainly is the right time to move on. I'll visit Shimogo JHS for a few hours next week to help coach some of the students for the upcoming speech contest in August and then that'll be me finished.

I was again deeply touched by the students kindness towards me. Many wrote letters of thanks to me and many actually gave me gifts e.g. beer, face towels, pens, key rings, cards etc. I guess they wouldn't do these things if they didn't like me so it was nice to get this positive feedback from the students in my final week of classes. They're really a great bunch!!

A week at work would not be the same without some form of irritation. On Tuesday I was informed that my school farewell party would be held on Thursday night. Thanks for telling me in advance! I had other plans on Thursday and so couldn't attend my own farewell party. Thanks for the notice. I was pretty peed off about it to be honest, but after 3 years I'm used to this kind of thing.

I've posted a few photos from my final classes. The top picture is a 1st grade class, the middle picture a 2nd grade class, and the bottom picture shows a 3rd grade class. Good memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great looking bunch of kids, what nice photos and good memories for all. Shame about the leaving party though - perhaps they will remember that when the next Jet is leaving.