Sunday, June 25, 2006

No Stabilisers

Clara and I went to the park in Shimogo on Saturday. Saturday was the day when Clara would try and ride her bike with no stabilisers for the first time. I was expecting a stressful afternoon with a lot of tears. In the end, there were only a few tears and I have to say that she did surprisingly well.

After giving Clara my expert advice, she decided that she no longer needed my help. She told me she wanted me to sit on a far away bench while she honed her skills. She fell off only once and then after a short period of fatherly support, she hopped on her bike with renewed and steely determination.

Well done Clara!! Another important milestone in life has been reached and breached.

I have a fairly routine week ahead. I will be at Egawa Primary School and Narahara Primary School on Monday. There are no classes at Shimogo JHS on Tuesday or Wednesday as the students have end of term tests. On Tuesday I'll do some tidying at Shimogo JHS and on Wednesday I'll have another couple of classes at Egawa Primary School. Thursday will be a normal work day at Shimogo JHS and then on Friday I'll be at Shimogo JHS in the morning and Egawa Primary School in the afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE CLARA!! She looks great, very confident.

Anonymous said...

well done Clara! You are such a BIG girl now! When can we go for a cycle in Inverness? Better get myself a bike first. Imagine a Dutchman without a bike.....
Joep

Anonymous said...

aye i remember your first bike. A Raleigh Boxer. For some unknown reason you punchured all the tyres on it????

Mr Lee said...

I see in the photos Clara is riding your bike; it's nice of you to share.