Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mr Clumsy

I don't know why but I have been really clumsy recently. I have been in Shimogo for nearly 3 years and have not broken anything. That was until last week when I broke a coffee pot, glass, and small bowl all in the space of 2 days!! I'm starting to wonder if I've got BSE or some other progressively debilitating illness (joking of course). I'll keep you informed of my medical condition.......

It's been a fairly uneventful week so far. On Monday I had 4 elementary school classes and these are always fun and fulfilling. Elementary school is where I feel I get the chance to be a real teacher. The kids seemed happy to see me and I am impressed with some of their English ability. It seems that a lot of the kids are now doing some form of extra English study. After work on Monday, I collected Clara at the normal time of 4.45pm from Shimogo Nursery School. Every time I collect Clara, I am ambushed by about 20 lovely little kids (aged between 3 and 6 years old) who are fascinated to see a foreign face. One little girl always asks me how to say a selection of English words - she is definitely an English teacher in the making. The only draw back with visits to Japanese Elementary Schools and Nursery Schools is that some kids try and stick their fingers up your bottom!!!!! This is a common characteristic of young Japanese children and I think it is similar to British kids poking each other in the stomach.

No classes today as some Shimogo JHS students are involved in regional sporting events. I have learnt that the Shimogo JHS baseball team have progressed into the semi finals of the regional competition. If they make the final, I'm going to ask if I can go along and watch (even if it means taking a day off work). I'm going to a teacher's party on Thursday night and then have a conversation class on Friday night. On Saturday I'll go down to Tokyo to meet a friend from the Isle of Skye (Kate Sime) who will be in Japan for a week. I'll update again soon. Cheers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, will you ever miss an opportunity? what can I say?? What can anyone say????

Nice blog Kane but I can't wait for further comments on this particular thread
Joep

Anonymous said...

sometimes it is better to not comment Joep......

good to hear Mark's bottom is doing fine....

Kane Davidson said...

Sorry Peter but I'm off for a wee trip to Yorkshire. Fancy joining me?

Kane Davidson said...

OK. I'll pay you a fiver for the petrol.

Kane Davidson said...

Make sure you don't bring the Phillips screwdriver the time.

Anonymous said...

KANE!!! I loved your latest update but the comments (omg, I am a mother, no grandmother after all!!)Mark I will speak to you crossly when I see you!! Who are the others!!!

Mr Lee said...

Kane, mate, having juvenile fingers stuck up your arse is NOT the same as being poked in the stomach. You have been away too long. Come home immediately.

Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas
I hear that Perthshire is nicethis time of year. Plenty of hiking, fishing, and shooting.....

Mr Lee said...

hhttp://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-bzgrumm16,0,5658213.story

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.