Monday, May 22, 2006

Kaneyama

I decided to take a holiday today as I didn't have any classes at Primary School. The forecast was excellent so I decided it was a good idea to go for a long cycle (about 200km in total). I decided to try and reach Kaneyama, mainly because of the name. Kaneyama has a population of about 3,000 people and is situated in a picturesque and heavily forested valley.
I got some fairly bad sunburn on my arms and neck, but was lucky that the temperature was only 24 C today. I need to watch out for heatstroke when the temperatures rise further, and I certainly don't think I'll be able to cycle the same route during August.

The next image shows a river passing through a village called Showa. Next to the river is a cemetery and temple. Quite a nice picture, only slightly spoilt by the concrete river bank on the right.

When I took this picture, I was starting to get concerned about the sunburn to my arms and was worried about the possibility of heatstroke. I'll have to take extra care as the summer gets warmer.

I got back to Shimogo after 7 hours of cycling. After a quick shower, I picked Clara up at nursery school and then we went for a very nice walk amongst the rice fields next to our apartment. A very tiring day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Kane, try using sunscreen lotion, carry it with you! Clara looks soooooo cute with her rucksack on her back - a real Dora the Explorer! Mum

Mr Lee said...

I often like to visit Leetown on the outskirts of Dundee.

Kane Davidson said...

God knows what that's like....it must be a right sh*t hole!!!!

Kane Davidson said...

Lee's blog address is :

www.leecarson.blogspot.com

Mr Lee said...

My tartan jeans are now hotpants and used strictly for the fetish scene.

Only real men rides Kawasakis, which casts doubt on your claim.

Anonymous said...

I can only say . . who the hell is Midge Ure then? And I have got a Kawasaki in the garage, it is unloved and lonely. Mumxx