Saturday, July 19, 2014

2 weeks in Scotland

A340-600
2 weeks in Scotland to enjoy the cool summer and to spend my birthday with family and friends. I paid for extra baggage allowance so that I could take back 50kg of things back to Scotland. The flight was on time, but Virgin Atlantic is one short step away from being a Low Cost Carrier (LCC).
Flight paths

When I arrived at Heathrow, I had a beer and was drawn to the TV news which said a Malaysian Airlines plane had been shot down in the east of Ukraine - I'm guessing my flight was only about 400 miles away from the Malaysian plane when it went down.

So far, I have managed to deal with the worst of my jet lag, had a couple of nice meals with my parents, and managed to enjoy a couple of good ales. The next few days will be busy meeting old friends for hiking, further drinks, and birthday celebrations. A short visit to Skye is also planned.

More Scotland updates to follow soon.

No comments: