Saturday, March 23, 2013

Better late than never.......the January walk

Apologies again for the lack of updates to the blog. I have simply not had the motivation to blog about much over the last few months and Facebook seems to have taken over as my main means of communication with people. I still do like the idea and permanence of blogging, though, so I will try and write a bit more regularly.
My trip back to Scotland over Christmas and New Year was restrained, with few big events of note, with the exception of the previously blogged 4x4 experience to celebrate Joep's birthday. A nice routine which seems to have become a fixed part of my Scotland visits is the end of holiday walk along Rosemarkie beach, followed by a pint in The Plough Inn.
The mid-winter low sun made for some interesting lighting conditions, captured well in these photos from the walk. Very atmospheric and made me think what a truly beautiful country Scotland can be.
I really do miss the great outdoors. Perhaps during the rest of 2013, I will be able to see a bit more of it!

No comments: