Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Typhoon Guchol

It seems that from this point on, I will have to suffer increased temperatures and the unrelenting sticky humidity associated with summers in Japan. The last couple of days in Tokyo have been progressively warmer and tomorrow is forecast to reach 30C.....I will be sure to stock up my fridge with Sapporo beer. The humidity is the real problem as it makes life and sleeping very uncomfortable for a few months.

Although I was planning to hold off using my air conditioner until July, I may have to turn it on tonight for a short time to cool down my apartment.

To further add to the challenges, Typhoon Guchol is quickly approaching the coast of Japan. The wind is picking up and the rain is getting heavier with each passing hour. I'm hoping the Tokyo train network manages to cope.

No comments: