Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Chicago, Illinois

Well, after a mad rush from the countryside in Fukushima, I made it to Narita Airport about 1 hour before my flight to Chicago. The flight was full and the aircraft was an old Boeing 747 which did not have personal In Flight Entertainment. I'd better buy a good book for the return flight to Tokyo.
Beer and cheeseburgers

On the first night, I visited The Billy Goat Tavern, a favourite hang out for the journalists writing for the Chicago Tribune. The Billy Goat served their own ale and lager style micro brewed beer - both being pretty satisfying. However, the bar counter has a slight angle which meant that I spilt my third pint of beer over my trousers and onto the floor. Clumsy!

The next stop in downtown Chicago was Andy's Jazz Bar. That really was enjoyable. I sat at the bar with a friend from Higashimurayama (who is here on business) and listened to some great tunes. I'll try and find a good place for Blues music soon.
Live jazz
So, a nice introduction to Chicago. I have many more pictures saved on my iPhone so will try and post some more on this blog and Facebook soon.

No comments: