Thursday, December 22, 2011

'Tis the season to be jolly

I've been a bit of a boring boy recently, hence the lack of updates to the blog. However, as with most people at this time of year, there are a number of noteworthy events coming up.

We only put up our rickety old tree a few days ago, but it makes a welcome addition to our living room. I'm not sure how comfortable our dog is with the tree beside his bed, but he has not cocked his leg at it yet. Clara commented that we she was younger, the Christmas tree appeared massive in her eyes. I'm sure there is a song about that somewhere.....yep, it is called 'The First of May' by the Bee Gees.

The start of all the special events is today, 22nd December. I'm very proud to say it is Clara's 11th birthday........11 years ago today I was pacing up and down the Simpson Memorial Maternity Hospital in Edinburgh waiting for a little noisemaker to arrive.

11 years later, she is coming along great and Yuki and I are very proud of her. Happy Birthday Clara!! We will all go out for a special birthday dinner to celebrate. I'll try and post a couple of pictures on this blog tomorrow.

So, it looks like it will be a very busy and enjoyable couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post a few more blog entries in the near future.

3 comments:

Mum - Yours said...

Sora appears to be happy curled up beside the tree! Yep 11 years,lots of great memories and digital photos!!!!

Anonymous said...

How old is Sora now?

Kane Davidson said...

3+