Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Satoshi Yuda

Very sad news - my friend from Shimogo in Fukushima, Satoshi, died suddenly today. I do not know any details of his passing but am sure to find out over the next day or two.

Satoshi and I usually used to meet up every Friday night in the local restaurant called Wakatsuki. Very fond memories of spending Friday afternoons on the Aizu ski slopes and then meeting up with Satoshi for some food and drinks. We had some very good times indeed and that is how I will certainly remember him.

I regarded Satoshi as somewhat of a unique character. He was frank and honest about any subject we discussed - quite unusual in Japan where people tend to be very guarded with their thoughts. I learnt a lot from him and he helped me view Japan from a different perspective.

Condolences to his family and other friends. RIP.

No comments: