Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nana

Hello all. Very sad to say my granny passed away about 1 hour ago in Staffin House residential home. She had the knack of unintentionally offending some people, but her heart was in the right place, and she always looked out for her boys - Mark and I.

Memories of Nana - homemade lentil soup, dangerous driving, handing me a fiver when my wallet was empty, over-cooked roast beef, never allowing or saying a bad word about me. A sad but inevitable end to an era. Although I am obviously sad, she had a full and long life.

I guess I will fly back to Scotland this weekend for the funeral which will probably be around Tuesday or Wednesday. Perhaps I will have the chance to share a pint with some friends whilst I am there. Nana, thanks for all the great memories.

3 comments:

Lee Carson said...

End of an era is right - it was a long time ago I met your Nana and she did her fair share of looking after me too. Sympathies with you and the family.

Kane Davidson said...

Thanks, Lee. Yes, I recall her doing a few loads of washing for you and allowing open access to the kitchen after a night out in Portree. Nothing left to go back to Skye now for.

Mum - Yours said...

Yeh she loved having you boys and the chaos that went with it! Big heart (most of the time)!