Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Next Day

Well, as far as I can tell, everyone I know is safe and well. Yuki managed to get home late last night and Clara seems to be returning to her normal self.

There have been constant aftershocks which keep everyone on edge but the main concern now seems to be the quake aftermath. I hope all the people we know in Fukushima are okay and that the damaged nuclear power stations do not go in to meltdown. If so, we will be staying inside the house for some time.

So, I would assume that for most Tokyoites, life will return to normal over the next few days providing there are no additional quakes to follow. Seems slightly unreal that many of the places we knew well in Fukushima Prefecture will never be quite the same again.

1 comment:

Mum - Yours said...

Hope all the nice people we met in Fukishima are ok. That was the worse place to be and I am so glad you are in Tokyo now.