Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy 2011

Wishing all the readers a happy 2011! I ventured out to my local bar (Elwood's Bar - owner's blog here) last night in order to prolong the New Year celebrations and also to watch the live Premiership football. Unfortunately, the football wasn't being shown but I still managed to have a good time talking to the other customers.

The only mistake of the evening was accepting an invitation to join a game of Jan-Ken-Pon - essentially a game of rock-paper-scissors. The stakes were high as the loser had to drink (and pay for) a glass of 75% alcohol / 151% proof rum. Out of the 12 customers in the bar, I ended up losing the game and was faced with a very nasty shot of rum. In those situations, there is no point in hanging about so I despatched the noxious fluid in one swift gulp. Not nice! A fun start to 2011 - lets hope it is a good year for all.

No comments: