Saturday, December 19, 2009

Brown Jug

I went to Brown Jug a couple of weeks ago. Brown Jug is in an area of Tokyo called Ebisu and is owned by Kiyoshi Ambe and his wife. I have known Ambe-san for quite some time as he visits Scotland every year to indulge in his passion of whisky drinking.

I always intend to go to Brown Jug more frequently but only seem to visit once a year. I guess I visit so infrequently as it is a fair old journey from my home in Kumegawa. The last train home from central Tokyo is around midnight so if I want to have a long night out, I'd have to make it an all nighter and get the first train home at 5am.

In the picture, Ambe-san is behind the bar and the other guy is an irritating customer I remember suffering a few years ago. It was a good evening and I had a few pleasant chats with the other customers in the bar. We'll probably invite Ambe-san and his wife to the house sometime in March for one of his favourite roast dinners.

1 comment:

Mum - Yours said...

can we go there next time? It looks really cosy?