Sunday, September 27, 2009

It did come back

My lost iPhone actually did come back. It was handed in to a lost & found office in central Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. Japan is quite famous for the regularity in which lost items find their way back to the original owner. I would not make the mistake of making a sweeping statement saying that Japanese people are more honest than others, as in many ways they are not. However, when it comes to getting lost property back, I'd rather lose my phone in Japan than in Scotland. Now I have a spare iPhone which might prove handy next time I fall asleep in a taxi and lose all my worldly goods.

6 comments:

Mum - Yours said...

and there will be a next time...

John said...

You are still a muppet for leaving it in the taxi in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Well said, John boy.

Lindsay said...

It's great when people are so thoughtful and honest - I love Japan. And yes, you are a muppet.

Kane Davidson said...

Jesus! What is this??!!?!?

Barry said...

Leave Kane alone.