Sunday, May 10, 2009

Indian Food

Since it is Mother's Day in Japan, Clara suggested that we ate out tonight. We went to a new Indian restaurant called Noah's Ark that is about 1 minutes walk from our flat. Really great food made more delicious as we had a voucher that gave us 50% off the bill. A nice way to end the weekend before I make the trip away to Makuhari for another week at work.

It has been a pretty good weekend. I had a quiet night at home on Friday and was asleep by 10.30pm. On Saturday I spent a long time cleaning the blinds in the living room. Although they looked okay before I cleaned them, I was a bit shocked to see the cloth turn black as I wiped away the 5 years of accrued dirt and city grime. They are now in tip top shape and should be ok for a couple more years. On Saturday evening I went into Shinjuku, the center of Tokyo, to meet a Hungarian friend and a Scottish friend who used to be in my primary school in the Isle of Skye. Today (Sunday) Clara and I washed the doors to our balcony, another big job but fun to do it with Clara and a good chance to bond. Quite a productive weekend and hopefully I am now in Yuki's good books.

I'll probably book my flight back to Scotland next week. Clara will stay in Scotland for 3 weeks while I will stay only 1 week. I am starting to look forward to several nice long ambles through the large Tesco supermarket in Inverness and will shortly start writing my shopping list: deodorant, tea bags, shoes, stock cubes, brown sauce.........I don't really miss many things from Britain and am quite accustomed to what is available in Japan. The only thing I really miss is the bacon - you cannot get comparable bacon in Japan.

Work has been fairly busy of late and next week we are holding our yearly conference which will mean a welcome change to the routine. Right, I'd better start packing my bag for another week away in Makuhari. Bye for now.

7 comments:

Mum - Yours said...

Sounds like a good weekend and you have clean blinds to show for it x

Alan said...

Did you clean the blinds "Dr Richard Kimble" style?

Mark said...

When are you going to do an update?

Anonymous said...

I asked a question, dickweed.

Mum - Yours said...

now now Alan, behave!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is pish anyway.

Danny said...

Kane - I found you!!!! How are you, big man?