Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Footsal

A couple of months ago, whilst drinking in my local bar, I met a guy from Indonesia who owns a nearby Indonesian restaurant called Makashi. As a fan of Indonesian food, a couple of weeks later Yuki, Clara and I all went to the restaurant for a lovely meal. I then went to the upstairs bar called Samasama for a few 'shandies'. It turned out that the owner of the restaurant has organised a Footsal tournament on the 26th April and I was invited to play for the restaurant team.

As I have never played Footsal before, I was a bit worried about the rules. However, the apprehension was unjustified and I was soon to discover that Footsal is essentially 5-a-side football. I was pretty excited to have the chance to play football again after a long hiatus, and was keen to show off my skills. However, things did not go as well as planned, I pulled a muscle after 20 seconds, was exhausted after 1 minute, and the limited footballing skills I thought I had were nowhere to be seen. To add insult to injury (my pulled muscle), all the other Japanese players were fit and displayed some great skills. Despite the fact that the actual football did not go as well as I had hoped, the after match party was a lot of fun and I met a lot of really nice people. Makashi is a great place to eat and drink and I am sure to be a regular visitor there in future. Good fun.

9 comments:

Mum - Yours said...

You used to be good at football- you need to get fit boy!

Josh said...

No - he was always shite at football.

Kane Davidson said...

'Josh' is correct - I was always shite.

soaps said...

shite,no there was always the legendary runs down the left wing and there's nothing wrong with good old fashioned tackling,i remember you being fairly adept at those !!!

Kane Davidson said...

Perhaps old buddy....but times are a changing.

Josh said...

No - he has - and always will be - shite.

Fergus said...

Aye aye PDD on poor Kano's football skills.

Kane Davidson said...

Thanks for the support, Bash.

Fergus said...

No worries, big man.