Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Model

Apologies for the scarcity of updates. Life has been busy for us all but we now have the pleasure of a long weekend as Monday is a national holiday in Japan.

Work has been tough at Weathernews (with lots of stories I would be unwise to discuss), Yuki has a new job at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, and Clara has a new American friend at school. I'm hoping they'll develop a strong friendship as I am sure that Clara's English has started to slip behind that of her peers in Scotland.

Last November, we took Clara to have photos taken for the 7-5-3 tradition in Japan (click on the 7-5-3 tab at the bottom to see the blog that I wrote last November) and we were pleasantly surprised to have recently been called by the photographer as he wanted to use Clara for his advertising campaign.

We have no major plans this weekend, but we'll all visit an udon restaurant tonight. I may venture into central Tokyo tomorrow to meet up with a chap called Graham Taylor who was also an English teacher during my time living in Fukushima. It will be nice to catch up again and I'll try and write another blog in a day of so with an update.

1 comment:

Mum - Yours said...

It is good Cla has an American friend, it shoud certainly help with her English. Yes we are such proud grandparents - imagine Clara a model! What a star.