Monday, February 26, 2007

Professor Yoshimura

Professor Sakuji Yoshimura visited Hisawa JHS today to give a 2 hour talk about his career as an Egyptologist and to explain what sparked his interest in Egypt when he was a young boy.

As well as talking to the students from Hisawa JHS, there was also a live link up with other schools in the local area so as many students as possible could benefit from his visit and have the chance to ask the Professor some questions. Judging by how many students wanted to ask a question, they were very interested in his life and work.

Professor Yoshimura is a household name in Japan and his visit to our school was eagerly awaited. There were TV cameras from about 5 stations and a host of newspaper reporters and cameramen. As you can see, his visit made it on to the TV.

Professor Yoshimura has fame comparable to that of Sir Patrick Moore in Britain. He's a household name and an international authority in his field. I managed to understand portions of his talk and I was really pleased to see such a positive reaction to him from the students.An interesting 2 hours at school and one which I shall always remember when I see Professor Yoshimura on TV in the future.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Professor, but I hate him as well.

Kane Davidson said...

Fascinating!

Kane Davidson said...

No. I was worried he might confuse me with one of the mummies he has dug up.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever played Egyptian roulette?

Anonymous said...

Bet that tested your Japanese language skills!!!

Anonymous said...

When are you going to update your blog, darling?

Kane Davidson said...

I'll try and do something next week about graduation, although I'll try and not cover the same ground as my post last year.

Anonymous said...

That would be splendid.

After we had Mark, your father and I wanted a daughter, so were delighted when you were born.

Kane Davidson said...

Thanks. I always wondered why you pleated my hair and made me wear a frilly dress.

Anonymous said...

I am waiting.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Mum - up your............Up yours!!!