Sunday, November 12, 2006

Autumn Colour

I left it a bit late to take some pictures of the magnificent autumn colours which have graced the Japanese countryside over the past few weeks. However, despite the autumnal colours being past their peak, I still managed to take a couple of good shots during lunchtime at Arakai JHS. I was fortunate to get these pictures on Friday as the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Today saw the first snowfall of the season. We drove to a place called Kirara Onsen for a bath and the snow was really heavy. Soon the whole area will be covered in thick snow and that means I'll have to shovel snow every morning and night. Shovelling snow for an hour or two every day is pretty boring, but it is also pretty good exercise.

Despite all the hardships, I'm really looking forward to winter. I'm looking forward to lots of onsens, lots of skiing, sitting under our kotatsu (a Japanese style table with surrounding quilt and built in electric heater), and the amazing winter wonderland scenery.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours - I want to plant a Japanese Maple - Joep just planted Garlick!!!! To keep the evil spirits away. And how is A doing anyway?

Anonymous said...

This is the Highlands of Scotland, we have a wee hillock away from the black house and we use doc leaves to......

Anonymous said...

tee hee.....

Anonymous said...

I am getting confused with doc leaves and nettles here.....

If you used the doc leave instead of the nettle you would have been just fine........if however it was the other way around........

Or are you trying to say that you find pleasure in pain, A?

Anonymous said...

You mistook a doc leaf for a nettle? You mean, you thought a doc leaf was a nettle and still wiped your arse with it? And it was actually a doc leaf? And it still stung you?

Anonymous said...

wish I had never started this..........

Anonymous said...

leave.......

sorry, meant LEAF

couldn't leave that mistake as you never know how others may ......
(but does that make the plural leafs?)

Anonymous said...

poor nettle! What a way to go!

Anonymous said...

You are my favbrourite son - I always preferred you to Mark anyway.

Kane Davidson said...

Thanks Mum.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kane! You don't know me, mate, but I have been following your adventures on your blog and you seem like a bit of a dude. What's you starsign so we can see if we are compatible?

Anonymous said...

I do love you Kane but that comment about favourtie son is not from me!!! I do have an idea who it is from......