Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mother and Father in Japan

My parents arrived in Japan on the 5th of April. They'll stay in Japan for 1 week and then go to Hong Kong to see my brother.

They were in Tokyo on the 5th and 6th of April and arrived in Shimogo on Friday the 7th April. We checked them into their hotel (Suzukiya which is near to our apartment) and then went to a local restaurant called Wakakski. We all had a good time and enjoyed the food and drink.

On Saturday we all drove to a city called Aizu Wakamatsu. My parents bought Clara a new pink bicycle and red cycling helmet. Lucky girl!!! We went to an Italian restaurant called Angelo for lunch and my parents were very impressed with the quality of food and the quality of service. Eating out in Japan is much cheaper than eating out in Scotland.

After lunch, we went to the supermarket called York Benimaru. I met so many people in the supermarket and it felt like I was shopping in Shimogo. It's a small world. I went cycling in the afternoon but it was VERY COLD and even started to snow when I was half way up the mountain.

On Sunday morning my parents met a family from the nearby town of Tajima (Minami Aizu Machi). The daughter (called Shiori) stayed at my parents house for 2 weeks in December 2004 and it was good for my parents to see her again. In the afternoon, we went shopping again and then I cycled to the lake called Kannonuma (about 30km) to get some fresh air. It was cold, but not as cold as the day before.

Tomorrow (Monday 10th April) will be my parents last day in Shimogo and then I'll take them to Tokyo on Tuesday morning. They'll be VERY sad to say "Goodbye" to Clara but we plan to go to Scotland this Christmas. Tomorrow night we plan to eat at a local restaurant called Minami.

I'll update my blog after my parents have left Japan. Sayonara.

1 comment:

Mr Lee said...

Excellent picture of Clara with Amarillo! Glad your folks are having a good time...how does Yuki like having the inlaws to stay? Was your mum checking the tops of the door for dust?